Dick Collins has been a psychotherapist in Indianapolis for over 30 years, serving clients at IUHealth/IU Medical Center, and at the most highly respected large private practices in the city. He pioneered Holistic approaches to mental health early in his career by being developing the Pediatric Hypnotherapy program at Riley Child Guidance Clinic and being one of the first clinicians in Indianapolis to integrate the Mindfulness Based concepts of Jon Kabat-Zinn into his counseling practice.
His approach starts with compassionate acceptance of our struggles for relief from emotional and physical suffering. He works respectfully as an ally in helping adults cultivate more effective ways to achieve this end.
Areas of expertise and training
• Acceptance-Commitment Therapy
• Skill training in mindful awareness coping strategies
• Sixteen years of experience with assisting nurses and allied health professionals with work or personal stress.
• Anxiety and related issues, e.g. insomnia, panic, stress, stress-related illness.
• Critical Incident Response Intervention
• Employee Assistance Counseling